Thursday, December 27, 2012

~A pie made in heaven~

Pecan Pie is hands-down my favorite winter dessert in the world; that being said, I haven't actually baked one before. Up until today I was convinced that Angels in heaven were the only ones able to create this dessert, because it is just SO scrumdiddlyumptious and out of this world. I also hadn't actually met a human being who could tell the tale of personally baking a pecan pie, so I was convinced that my theory must be true.
 
Anyway, something about today was different, magic was in the air, so when my feet hit the carpet after rolling out of bed I knew it was time to BAKE!
 
Without further ado I rolled up my pyjama sleeves, armed myself with a cute flowery apron and went to town:




Turns out, baking a pecan pie is quite simple actually and Angel wings are not a requirement :-). Mr. Piggy decided he wanted to help out as well..
 
 
 
 
Pie pre-oven. Mmmmmh....
 
 
 
 
1h and 10min later....


TADAA!
 
 
 
Finished product, served with a dollop of whipped cream...mmmh!
 

 
Is your mouth watering yet?
 
 
In case you wish to bake this piece of heaven, here's what you need:

 
 
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy, and stir in melted butter. Stir in the brown sugar, white sugar and the flour; mix well. Last add the milk, vanilla and nuts.
  3. Pour into an unbaked 9-in pie shell. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, then reduce temperature to 300 degrees and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until done.
  4. Cut a slice, squirt some whipped cream on top and voila! You just created the most delicious dish in the world :)
 
Enjoy!
 
Love, Wella :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sadly no, I didn't even know we had a "Noni" pecan pie recipe. I found this on allrecipes.com I believe.

      Delete