Sunday, December 23, 2012

~Mashed Potatoes at Midnight~



One of the things I love doing most when I'm not held to a specific schedule or timeline is staying up late and baking!

It always makes me feel so happy...kind of like this moment:




Anyway, Justin and I are hosting an early X-mas dinner tomorrow for some of our friends. Everyone is bringing a specialty dish to the potluck and we'll be providing a couple sides as well:

Appetizer: Seven-layer-taco-dip
Main dish: Chicken-Pot-Pie and Mashed Potatoes
Dessert: Rum Balls, Brownie bites and Shortbread cookies
Drink: Eggnog

Do not despair, combined with everyone else's dishes, these food choices will actually make sense :-).

I just finished making my first ever batch of Eggnog and am now about to finalize the Mashed Potatoes (I would like to credit my wonderful helper and husband for peeling the 5lbs of potatoes for me). I discovered the recipe for this fluffiness on one of my favorite cooking websites (you should check it out) :).

I would also like to note that I just experienced a cyber-space-breakthrough and figured out (by accident) how to add links to my blog posts *gasp*. Now, if you run your cursor over any of the dishes I mentioned in this post and click on the word, you will be redirected (in a separate window) to the actual recipe. Amazing! I wonder what else I've been missing out on...

Well, the timer just went off indicating that I should probably direct my attention to the little carb-bombs that are waiting to be mashed. Next up are the Brownies and it's only 00:34hrs; I still have all evening/morning left to bake :) Accompanied by a great movie (kindly provided my Netflix) and a fabulous glass of 2007 Merlot (or two), these tasks will surley be completed in a jiffy.

Love,
Wella :)



1 comment:

  1. Loved your post and Ree, the country desperate housewife's recipe for Mashed potatoes. What humor!! I am a little taken aback by the amount of FAT in the recipe! And about how real men don't eat cream cheese. Hee hee hee!
    Thanks for the update and hope your meal went great with everyone!
    Hugs
    Madre

    ReplyDelete